Making Bluetooth connection with the devices can bring a lot of convenience for you as you don’t have to look at your phone every time for attending calls or listening to songs.
You can also disconnect the device whenever you need it or looking to connect any other Bluetooth device with your phone.
However, the issue is that many people face difficulty when they have to reconnect the device. Here you will get to know how to unforget a Bluetooth device easily.
How to Unforget a Bluetooth device on iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and accidentally forgot the Bluetooth device on your phone, you can restore the connection here quite simply. Follow these steps to know how to unforget a Bluetooth device on iPhone:
- Go to your iPhone settings and click on “General”
- Here click on “Reset”
- Now click on “Reset Network Settings”
- A prompt will pop up that you will have to confirm.
- The phone will get blank or the Bluetooth will start reloading.
- When you reset the device, it will bring back the settings of your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Now, turn on the Bluetooth from the other end that you want to connect to the device.
- Click on the name of the device you want to link with the iPhone.
How to unforget a Bluetooth device on Android
Follow these steps to know how to unforget a Bluetooth device on Andriod:
- Click on “Settings” on your device and here hit the “System” icon.
- Choose the “Bluetooth” option here and you will see the reset button.
- Confirm the reset option here.
- Some latest phones also ask for passwords for security reasons. So, enter the password or use the fingerprint method.
- Once you have forgotten all the connections, now go to the list, and here the forgotten devices will appear.
- If still the device is not appearing there, you can scan for the available devices there.
How to unforget a Bluetooth device on a PC/Laptop
If you want to unforget a Bluetooth device on a laptop or PC, you need to reset it first. After that follow these steps and re-establish the connection.
- Open the Window’s “Search Box” and type “Device Manager”
- Click on “View” and go to “Show Hidden Devices”
- Now from Under the “Bluetooth” section select your device
- Tap on the “Cross-Shaped” button to uninstall the device
What Happens When You Forget a Bluetooth Device?
If you forget the Bluetooth from your device whether it is iPhone, Android, or Laptop, the information from the device will get deleted.
However, it doesn’t stop you to relink the Bluetooth device from your mobile phone or PC. In fact, you can reconnect the forgotten devices quite easily by pairing them again.
That means you don’t have to worry about anything if you forget the device deliberately or just by mistake as you can restore it in a few seconds.
How Do You Get a Bluetooth Device Back After Forgetting The Device?
If you have forgotten the Bluetooth device on your phone or PC, it will get deleted from there and will no longer be shown in the list.
However, there is no need to worry about it because you can reconnect the devices quite easily. The only thing that you have to make sure of is that the device is not already connected to any other phone at that moment.
How Do I Get My iPhone to Recognize a Bluetooth Device After I Forgot It?
It may look tricky to reconnect the device on your device but in reality, it is a quite simple and easy process.
To relink the Bluetooth device with your iPhone, you just need to reset the network settings and then scan your device there.
The phone will recognize the device that you are looking to pair. Hit the connect button and it will get attached to your iPhone.